Mid-Rise Proposed on Lake Shore in Long Branch Area of Etobicoke

A mid-rise redevelopment is proposed at 3471 Lake Shore Boulevard West in the Long Branch area of Etobicoke, with developer Petrogold seeking zoning approval from the City of Toronto for a 6 storey mixed-use building with commercial on the ground floor and residential above. The proposal would be built at the southeast corner of Lake Shore and Thirty First Street, replacing a single-storey commercial building and surface parking.

Satellite View of 3471 Lake Shore Blvd, TorontoAerial View of locating 3471 Lake Shore Boulevard West, image by Evans Planning Inc.

Along Lake Shore, adjacent buildings are predominately mixed-use, with commercial at ground level and residential on the second floor. Other notable facilities nearby are a middle school, a church, a child care centre, a park, and a Toronto public library branch. To the southeast is a low-rise neighbourhood of mostly detached homes. 

3471 Lake Shore Boulevard West, Toronto, designed by Keith McAlpine Architects for PetrogoldLooking southeast to 3471 Lake Shore Boulevard West, designed by Keith McAlpine Architects for Petrogold

The 24 metre-tall building is designed by Keith McAlpine Architects, with a total gross floor area (GFA) of 1609 , with 12% of it or 193.8  commercial GFA on the ground and second floors, fronting the street, planned as a restaurant space. (The restaurant would have a further 130 m² of space in the basement which the City does not count as part of the total.) The remaining 88% or 1,415.2  would be residential on the floors above, with a total of 19 dwelling units in a mix of 8 studio units, 9 one-bedrooms, and 2 two-bedrooms.

3471 Lake Shore Boulevard West, Toronto, designed by Keith McAlpine Architects for PetrogoldLooking northeast to 3471 Lake Shore Boulevard West, designed by Keith McAlpine Architects for Petrogold

Vehicular access would be via by a new laneway extending east from Thirty First Street at the rear of the proposed development, with 23 parking spaces to be provided in a mechanical parking structure located at grade level. Parking for 14 bicycles is proposed in sheltered alcoves along the Thirty First street frontage. A proposed surface parking and outdoor amenity area for the proposed 105 Thirty First Street development would be shared with the 3471 Lake Shore Boulevard West proposal.

Currently onsite at 3471 Lake Shore Boulevard West, Toronto, image by Evans Planning Inc.Currently onsite at 3471 Lake Shore Boulevard West, image by Evans Planning Inc.

Additional information and images can be found in our Database file for the project, linked below. Want to get involved in the discussion? Check out the associated Forum thread or leave a comment in the space provided on this page.

* * *

UrbanToronto has a new way you can track projects through the planning process on a daily basis. Sign up for a free trial of our New Development Insider here.